DELRAY BEACH CHORALE AUDITION PROCESS
- You must perform a prepared musical selection. Guidelines are as follows:
- A classical song in English or a foreign language (may be an operatic/oratorio aria or art song)
- All prepared selections should include piano accompaniment either via email or cd as a pianist will NOT be provided.
The audition process is designed to be thorough and fair. During your audition, you will be asked to:
- Demonstrate brief vocal exercises to determine range, vocal classification, and intonation
- Repeat several melodic and rhythmic patterns
- Participate in a short sight-singing evaluation (the objective is to seek information and is not used as a requirement for acceptance)
WHERE AND WHEN DOES THE CHORUS REHEARSE?
The Delray Beach Chorale is Ensemble in Residence at Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton campus. Rehearsals are in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters, Building 9, Room 219.
The Chorale’s season is from September through April and the weekly rehearsals are on Tuesday from 7:00-9:30 p.m. The ensemble will provide music on a loan basis and a parking decal will be provided during the season months.
If you are interested in singing with the Delray Beach Chorale please complete the Audition Request Form below. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us at info@DelrayBeachChorale.org